Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player 11.7.700.202 and earlier versions for Windows, Adobe Flash Player 11.7.700.203 and earlier versions for Macintosh, Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.525 and earlier versions for Linux, Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206 and earlier versions for Android 4.x, and Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.11 and earlier versions for Android 3.x and 2.x. These updates address vulnerabilities that could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
Acronis True Image 2013 is only $20 at Newegg today (free shipping too).
That is $25 less than I can offer it for via my commision links.
Better jump on this folks!
Got this via email:
PCMARK 7 VERSION 1.4.0 RELEASED
PCMark 7 has been updated to version 1.4.0 and is now fully compatible with Windows 8. Please note that benchmark scores ARE affected by the changes in this update.
**You should not compare scores from PCMark 7 v1.4.0 with any previous version of PCMark 7.**
To get the update, download the PCMark 7 v1.4.0 installer:
The major changes in PCMark 7 v1.4.0 include:
– Enhanced accuracy in video playback drawn frames measurement.
– In addition to the standard result, PCMark 7 Storage tests now report additional “raw” results where the metric idle values have been excluded from the score calculation.
– Enable or disable hardware accelerated video transcoding from the Help tab for troubleshooting.
– Improved logging.
– Now fully compatible with Windows 8.
– The Web Browsing test has been completely rewritten to avoid compatibility issues with Windows 8. The previous implementation was based on Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC); the new one is a Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) application. The heavy lifting in the test is still done by the WebBrowser2 control. Benchmark scores are affected, in most cases going up by a few percent.
– SystemInfo updated to version 4.15 for Windows 8 compatibility.
– Fixed issues in video transcoding tests and added transcoding output file validation. These changes affect benchmark scores.
– Fixed a data compression bug in the storage workloads. Benchmark scores are affected in configurations that use data compression at the hardware level.
Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player 11.6.602.168 and earlier versions for Windows, Adobe Flash Player 11.6.602.167 and earlier versions for Macintosh, and Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.1680 and earlier versions for Linux. These updates address vulnerabilities that could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
Adobe Reader 11.0.02 is out.
Download or update from within the program (Help > Check for updates).
Security bulletin – Security updates available for Adobe Reader and Acrobat
Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Reader and Acrobat XI (11.0.01 and earlier) for Windows and Macintosh, X (10.1.5 and earlier) for Windows and Macintosh, 9.5.3 and earlier 9.x versions for Windows and Macintosh, and Adobe Reader 9.5.3 and earlier 9.x versions for Linux. These updates address vulnerabilities that could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
Just saw this at ARS Technica:
Thanks, Adobe. Protection for critical zero-day exploit not on by default
The gist of the article is that Adobe Readers sandbox isn’t on by default.
Adobe Shockwave Player has been updated to version 22.214.171.124.
Adobe Flash Player has been updated to 11.6.602.168 for Windows, version 11.6.602.167 for Mac, and version 126.96.36.1990 for Linux.
APSB13-06 Security updates available for Adobe Shockwave Player
APSB13-05 Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player
APSB13-04 Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player
Ed Bott has a good article up: A close look at how Oracle installs deceptive software with Java updates
Summary: Oracle’s Java plugin for browsers is a notoriously insecure product. Over the past 18 months, the company has released 11 updates, six of them containing critical security fixes. With each update, Java actively tries to install unwanted software. Here’s what it does, and why it has to stop.
Adobe Reader 11.0.01 is out.
This is a regular quarterly update that provides security mitigations, feature enhancements, and bug fixes.
Adobe Falsh Player updated. Download.
Updated debugger and standalone versions of Flash Player. These players contain fixes for critical vulnerabilities identified in Security Bulletin APSB13-01 . The latest versions are 11.5.502.146 (Win and Mac), 11.3.378.5 (Windows and 188.8.131.521 (Linux). All users are encouraged to update to these latest versions.
iTunes 11.0.1 released. Download
This update to the new iTunes addresses an issue where new purchases in iCloud may not appear in your library if iTunes Match is turned on, makes iTunes more responsive when searching a large library, fixes a problem where the AirPlay button may not appear as expected, and adds the ability to display duplicate items within your library. This update also includes other important stability and performance improvements.